[3830] CQWW CW TK0C M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, simon@hamradio.si
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW TK0C M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 09:05:50 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: TK0C
Operator(s): S53BB S53CC S53F S53MM S53RM S53ZO S55OO S57C S57L S57K
Station: TK0C

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  1155    18       76
   80:  2634    32      119
   40:  3984    39      147
   20:  3168    39      141
   15:  2077    36      131
   10:   105    11       40
-------------------------------

Club: Belokranjec Contest Club

Comments:

Our 2017 no aluminium tubes, two van, field day style expedition again turned
out be a great success.

It all started as a single van expedition II0C in 2014 and continued as M/S
TK0C in 2015, and M/2 in 2016 & 2017. Highest number, probably in all
categories, 13.123 QSO were made with a field day style setup where we loaded
two vans and one car with fibreglass poles, stations, amps and kilometres of
coax and wire. The greatest tool, our “QSO generator” - a box that solves 1
amps - 2 radio, antenna reverse - crossover, PTT interlock & RX/TX antenna
distribution, proved again to be perfect and was upgraded with 6x4 RX
distribution box. All antenna work was done from Monday evening till Thursday
and we were amazed what ten guys, organised in three teams can accomplish.
Disassembly was done in a few hours. The team spirit and motivation was at high
level during the whole contest so all six operating positions were most of the
time.

The biggest challenge was high wind & waves which destroyed almost all
antennas during the night so Sunday morning brought only two operational
positions. In a few hours we managed to repair all broken poles and we were
back in the game with 80% setup. Some of the antennas are still missing,
consumed by Neptune.

Last year (2016) videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kKMCfVU6Oc&t=5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVoFJ4M002Y

We erected:
Spiderbeam 20,15,10 on a 12m crank up tower
Spiderbeam 20,15,10 on a 10m crank up tower
VDA for 20
VDA for 15
VDA for 10
4sq 40 Verticals
2x 40 Verticals (dir NA)
2x 40 Verticals (dir JA)
80 Vertical
160 INV-L - used by Run2 or MULT
Hi-Z 4 verticals receiving array
K9AY receiving array

6x TS590S(G)
3x OMPower 2500a
1x OMPower 2500

“QSO generator” box made by S53CC, S53RM, S53WW and S51RM.
LP BPF filters S53MM design
HP BPF filters & Triplexers by 4O3A

If you liked what we did please consider visiting our homepage at
https://qrz.com/db/tk0c and use “Send us a beer” donation button.

SH5: http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53zo/sh5/2017_cq-ww-cw_tk0c/

On behalf of TK0C 2017 team
Simon, S53ZO