[3830] CQWW CW KH7M(N6TJ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6TJ@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KH7M(N6TJ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 15:06:10 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KH7M
Operator(s): N6TJ
Station: KH7M

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VOLCANO
Operating Time (hrs): 46

  160:  110    13       14
   80:  209    18       24
   40: 1009    30       72
   20: 1173    31       64
   15: 1090    26       60
   10:  145    17       24
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

A very interesting, challenging and fun weekend. Many thanks to Max and Kathy
for their kind hospitality and gourmet meals.
 It's always a delight to operate Max's well-engineered station. His beverage
antennas really work and this weekend was essentially noise free. I was in the
chair 46 of the 48, and never did sleep.
Had some (minor) issues with my ageing DOS computer, but nothing that couldn't
be overcome.
Ten meters mostly a bust until Sunday morning with a probable sporadic E for a
couple hours.
I totally messed up the long path to Europe on 15 Saturday night; got in on the
tail end for a few Q's around my 1 AM local.
 Lessons learned for 2018;
Always check ten at 0800 local and always check for long path, even at
midnight.
My QSO numbers to Europe and Japan down significantly from prior years.

Thanks to all who participated and made this weekend so much fun.

73,  Jim Neiger  N6TJ