[3830] ARRL 160 KI9A SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, chuckschneebeli@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KI9A SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 14:39:56 +0000
ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KI9A
Operator(s): KI9A
Station: KI9A

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: il
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 665  Sections = 81  Countries = 10  Total Score = 109,431

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

ICOM 756PRO3/SB1000 @ 500W
INV L @ 40'/ELEVATED FEED @ 5' W 4 RADIALS

That was fun! There is something neat about the sound of cw on 160. My
apologies for being an alligator at times, but no room in this city lot for
even a modest rx antenna. May trt the old ARRL handbook small loop for the
CQ160. The noise on 160 here is around S7-8.

Had a couple EU call me, and a couple Carrib stations...that was very cool.
Seemed like great participation from the midwest and east coast. Wish more of
the W6 guys would turn their rig on for this. Condx seemed pretty good, but had
alot of serious and fast QSB on the weaker stations.

All in all, I'm pleased with my Q total for only being only 10 hours..one per
min keeps my mind on the game. Did about 2 hours Friday, and the rest Saturday.
All run, and a handful of S&P QSO's. Only had one freq batttle Saturday
about 0500z with an 8 station that QRL and 1/2 second later, CQed about 150hz
up from me. He was +30, so I know he heard me.

Thanks for the calls, and sorry if I didnt hear you--I know I left LOTS of Q's
on the table, as I could faintly hear bits of of a buzz of stations calling
that I could not pull out.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Hope to CU on 10 next week!

73 de Chuck KI9A