[3830] ARRL 160 N5FO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, samsadventure@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N5FO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2017 14:59:42 +0000
ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N5FO
Operator(s): N5FO
Station: N5FO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Tyrone, NM
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 821  Sections = 91  Countries = 11  Total Score = 166,166

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Took a casual approach to this one, mostly interested in giving the new sloper I
put up end of last contest season a try.  Unfortunately, I was hoping for a good
opening to Europe to get some RBN data, but no such luck!

I did work a handful of countries, but nothing exciting. I had LU8DPM calling a
very weak CQ, when someone came in on top of him and ran him off before I could
work him. I had to S&P on the 2nd VFO quite a bit to pull in the last few
sections, but I ended up short, with no PR, PAC or NL in the log.

I did find the band a bit noisy both nights, especially to the SE. This
morning, had a pick up in JA activity, with 38 in the log in the last hour or
so before 14:25.

Thanks for all the Q's, I ended up having a little fun, not sure I learned much
about the new sloper, other than it seems to work well in NA.