[3830] ARRL 10 VK5GR SO Mixed Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VK5GR SO Mixed Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 11:30:58 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VK5GR
Operator(s): VK5GR
Station: VK5GR

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: PF95id
Operating Time (hrs): 15

   CW:  62     12
  SSB:  28      9
-------------------
Total:  90     21  Total Score = 6,384

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

First time entering the contest. 10m was very hard going. Saturday saw some good
domestic Es which extended into ZL and some workable runs into JA and Hawaii but
no mainland NA. Saturday night was the standout with a couple of contacts to
Netherlands (one SSB one CW) and three Middle Eastern contacts which boosted
multipliers significantly. Sunday was almost a writeoff with one contact to
mainland USA (AZ), a very weak JA opening, a brief opening to ZL and some
domestic VK2 and 7 (many of whom I had worked the day before). Nothing at all
heard after ~3pm so gave up. Good to see a little activity around on Saturday
but just a hard slog on Sunday. Will I be back? Yes! Would I like to see them
add digital to the MIXED category - hell yes!