[3830] ARRL 10 K5KG SO Mixed Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, giwagner@k5kg.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K5KG SO Mixed Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 01:35:01 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: K5KG

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   CW:  149    30
  SSB:   26     7
-------------------
Total:  175    37  Total Score = 23,828

Club:

Comments:

A big thanks to all for the QSOs, mults and OJ's.

Spent 10 grueling hours with many breaks along the way.  Only one halfway
decent run was into the Northeast during the 1400z hour on Saturday.  Otherwise
it was bouts of endless CQ'ing and lots of S&P.  Cluster had lots of juicy
spots, both DX and domestic, but most were not to be heard.

There was a fair amount of strange band noise that seemed to repeat up and down
the band.  Also, there was a steady carrier on 28006.5 that peaked to the east
of my QTH. Not sure if it was local, or perhaps coming from some distant
galaxy!  Had a number of callers who were buried in the noise, making repeated
attempts necessary to get the call sign or exchange, or just chalking it up as
a NIL.

Jim, K8MR spent a couple of days on my tower taking down a 6el yagi, and an old
ring rotor.  The yagi had been damaged in Irma, so I rebuilt it during the week
with some new rivets and a new balun.  Had to order a new boom/mast plate from
DXE, but it did not arrive in time to get the yagi back on the tower for the
contest. It will be fixed on SA when it goes up.

Station:
WinTest + VE7CC cluster
K3/P3 + Acom 2000A
2X triband yagi at 65 ft.