[3830] ARRL 10 N6KI SO Mixed Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6KI73@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N6KI SO Mixed Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 11:09:33 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N6KI
Operator(s): N6KI
Station: N6KI

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 2

   CW:  29      9
  SSB:   4      1
-------------------
Total:  33     10  Total Score = 1,612

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

Had plans to do a MS HP effort from NX6T Contest Station but fires that started
mid day Thursday the day before the contest changed those plans and I could not
even go to station to rescue all the ham gear. Luckily the fire that was heading
directly for the station was stopped about 1 mile from the NX6T station leaving
the owner of property and all the San Diego Contest Club OPs with very tense
moments all through Friday night as the fires literally burned out of control!
So I fired up my hone station that sports a crippled SteppIR MonstIR Yagi that
has 2 elements removed for motor repair leaving me with a 2 Element 10 meter
yagi. Of course condx were very poor and my local neighborhood noise took out
some of the weaker stations calling me. With the fire in the back of my mind
all weekend my heart and mind were not really into the contest. Luckily
"Nash-Ville" (our contest station nickname),... survived!)- IC-7800 -
Expert 2 KW amp. @ El Yagi @ 50 ft
73, Dennis N6KI