[3830] ARRL 10 W6PH SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ph@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W6PH SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 04:32:01 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: W6PH

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: Lone Pine CA
Operating Time (hrs): 2.0

   CW:  42     15
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  42     15  Total Score = 2,520

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

K3 + SPE 1.3K,  5 el yagi at 50 feet

I never turned the radio on Friday evening.  I might have missed the Es opening
to the southeast.  I had no locals to contact and did not work any US stations
on Saturday.  I only worked some South American stations via TEP on Saturday.
On Sunday I got in on the Es opening to the northwest and worked seven states
and British Columbia.  The TEP to SA was a lot weaker on Sunday.

I watched the DXMaps and monitored the telnet spots inside my house and didn't
go out to the shack until I could see there was some possible paths.  This was
very much like a VHF contest.

There was a very interesting propagation phenomenon a couple times when a
California station in the Bay Area would peak to well over S9 for only the
duration of the call sign and then would be gone.  The peak was never long
enough to make a contact.  A couple of us discussed the possibility that this
may have been a reflection off an airplane flying down the Central Valley.  I
am shielded from the Central Valley by 14,000 foot mountains

73, Kurt W6PH