[3830] ARRL 10 AB1J SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 AB1J SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2017 01:32:29 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Waltham, EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 5:13

   CW:  52     11
  SSB:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  52     11  Total Score = 2,288

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was pretty much the Sounds of Silence. Lots of noise, though, including
gradually drifting broad bands of hash, likely due to switching power supplies.
As not much else was happening, it was fun to watch them come and go. Some
probably from my own house, and others courtesy of my neighbors.

There wasn't much else to do this weekend except wait for the snow storm and
then shovel out. The contest took my mind off reality.

Many signals were down at the ESP level, especially on my antenna.  I gave out
one 559 as a novelty, but it should have been snake eyes or maybe a generous
rifle shots.

This follows the Ten Meter RTTY the previous weekend where I had two QSOs.  As
a result, my expectations were sufficiently low so as not to be too downcast.

I usually go assisted but decided the panadapter was adequate on a pretty dead
single band. I saw anything that showed up, including many signals too weak to
work.

High power, big antennnas, mixed mode, and persistance paid off with some
surprisinigly large scores: K1WHS (K1BX) in Maine (Down East, up north) with
576 QSOs for 147,112 score.  Wow!

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM+
Attic dipole, put up along my ridge beam in 1979 and still there, I guess.
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog