[3830] OK RTTY AB1J SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] OK RTTY AB1J SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 15:00:45 +0000
OK DX RTTY Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Waltham, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:14

   80:
   40:  100  327      11        2
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:  100  327      11        2  Total Score = 4,251

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Initial conditions: SFI = 72  K = 2  SSN = 0  eSSN = -2

The first evening was frustrating: weak, distorted signals and deep QSB. Early
evenings often produce this gawdawful mess on 40m at my QTH. The distortion
sounds terrible to me but the decoders usually chew right through it.  But with
the weak sigs and QSB they couldn't manage that night.

HamCAP put a black hole right in Central Europe, smack in the OK sweet spot.
Signal strength there was 2 db with 24 db in the surrounding area.  That
calculation was based on low power to a dipole at 35 feet, twice my average
antenna height, so it was even worse than it looked.

Second evening: Same black hole. No traction. No mults (only 9 of my 100 QSOs
were outside NA). No fun. No holiday cheer.

Final conditions: SFI = 71  K = 1  SSN = 0  eSSN = -3

73 and happy holidays,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM+  MMTTY(---> <---)/MMTTY(-->     <--)/2Tone
Antenna: defenestrated wire, which is weirdly appropriate for an OK contest.
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog