[3830] TBDC KN5O Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kn5o@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC KN5O Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 13:34:40 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KN5O
Operator(s): KN5O NO5W
Station: KN5O

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Covington, LA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 549  Total Score = 2,463

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Chuck, NO5W and I decided to try the Stew Perry TB Challenge for the first time.
 We had a good time, although it was very slow in the wee hours of the morning.
This is a fun contest and surprised not more take advantage of it.  Guess a lot
like us, discovering it for the first time.

Overall, I think we did respectable.  We worked 37 "DX" stations,
those whose point value was greater than 10 (or double digits.  Most DX was in
EU, a few JAs and a couple of Caribbean/Central America stations.  No South
America or Africa.  Conditions to our area were "so-so."

Anyway, thanks to all who answered our CQs and worked us.  If we missed you, we
aim to do better next time.

Best 73 and HNY to all.

Ted (KN5O) and Chuck (NO5W)

XCVR:      FT1000MkV Field with Alpha 8410 Amp
ANT:       105 ft vertical with top loading
Rcv ant:   Hi-Z 3el and Hi-Z 8el