[3830] TBDC N4XD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ron.e.spencer@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N4XD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 17:44:07 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 423  Total Score = 1,485

Club: Smithchart ARC

Comments:

Something failed in the phasing of the two towers. Unfortunately everything
appeared fine in the shack. I finally decided to go out and check the antennas
(was still warm here and full moon) at 0244. Found a cable I had left
disconnected during earlier work. Still didn't seem right. Stations I should be
able to work would not hear me, at all!

Back out at 0530Z to switch back to just the single vertical. Now, everything
back to how it should be! But basically lost the first 7 hours.

Band seemed in pretty good shape. A fair amount of DX and solid prop to the west
coast. Band was pretty quiet too which is always nice.

Thanks, as usual, to the Boaring ARC for their continued work creating and
supporting the contest.

K3
shunt fed tower (eventually!)
91b