[3830] TBDC WQ4RP Multi-Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4xx@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC WQ4RP Multi-Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 00:03:30 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: WQ4RP
Operator(s): W4MY AB4PP W4MPS AA4XX
Station: WQ4RP

Class: Multi-Op QRP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 13:22

Total:  QSOs = 242  Total Score = 1,683

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The KnightLites QRP Society enjoyed getting together at our Excalibur QRP Site
near Raleigh, NC as a QRP Multi-Op for the 2017 Big Stew, with ops Marty W4MY,
JP AB4PP, Marc W4MPS, and Paul AA4XX.  We ran a (new to us) Flex 6300 @5W with a
large vertical loop with raised counterpoise.  Band condx were good, although
not as good for DX as last year.  Quiet band condx enabled us to work a number
of West Coast stations, although we missed the ususal VE6,VE7, and KH6 log
entries. It was heartening to see such a great turnout again this year.

All our ops had a lot of fun; The Flex 6300 was a big hit, and the guys
instantly recognized the utility of the sensitive bandscope. We are already
looking fwd to the Spring Stew.

Thanks to the Boring ARC for sponsoring the Stews.