[3830] RAC Winter AB1J SOSB/80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter AB1J SOSB/80 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 16:46:04 +0000
RAC Winter Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

  160:
   80:  148     0        8         0
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:  148     0        8         0  Total Score = 5,936

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

At 0415 UTC on December 30, the solar indices were:

SFI=72   SSN=0   eSSN=-10   90 day SSN=8   K=1

I'm always amused when the effective SSN goes negative.

This was a nice diversion on a very cold night with oil furnace problems which
no one can figure out, so I have to get up in the middle of the night to reboot
it. Having this happen on a long holiday weekend in the middle of a record cold
spell is a bad break for me. It was one degree F here this New Year's Day
morning.

Back to the contest: I didn't work enough Canadians and very few RAC stations so
my score suffered, but I did work almost everyone I heard. I ran more than usual
for 47% of my QSOs, a new high for me.

It didn't occur to me until later that I could have worked some SSB too and
squeezed out a few more Qs and mults. Need to put that in my contest notes for
next year. I just don't think phone.

I don't know my time as N1MM+ said I started 4368 hours late, which is 364 days,
but gave the starting date as July 1 for the RAC Canada Day contest, so nothing
makes sense.  Maybe I went though a time-space infundibulum.  I no longer know
how old I am.  My guess is I spent about 7.5 hours on the air, not accounting
for relativistic time dilation.

WQ5OO had an absolutely booming signal here from Louisiana. That was N8OO
incognito, but he needs a beter disguise.

Thanks for the Qs on a very bleak weekend.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM+
Wire out the window over the back yard and down over a cliff to a sapling tree,
counterpoise inside house
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog