[3830] CWopsT K9ZO(@K3WA) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO(@K3WA) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2018 03:05:59 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Jan 3

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K3WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: il
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  51
   20:  29
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  80  Mults = 77  Total Score = 6,160

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I was the guest of Bill, K3WA.  What a super station!  The automation is
outstanding, but I have a lot to learn.  It was the first time for me using a
Flex6600, PowerGeniusXL,and Maestro.  The antennas were a SteppIR 18e at 80
feet, and a SteppIR 3 el with 40 meter dipole at  35 ft.  Bill has a SAL30,
beverages, inverted L for 160, and vertical for 80 which were available, but not
used.  I felt very, very loud and could attract attention with CQ's but wanted
to do some band switching, listening on another band, changing headphone
settings, etc.  It was only operator unfamiliarity which caused the low score.
Everything worked perfectly.

Conditions were pretty good, but signals were not particularly strong on 20 at
the start, but it was beneficial to get to compare 40 and 20 in signal strength
and number of stations on each band.  Switching between bands was completely
seamless and the amplifier had no problems at all with band changes.  Needless
to say I was impressed!