[3830] RTTY Roundup KR1DX(KC1CWF) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc1cwf@kc1cwf.us
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KR1DX(KC1CWF) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 04:28:39 +0000
ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KR1DX
Operator(s): KC1CWF
Station: K1VR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: K1VR
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:   85
   40:  259
   20:  199
   15:   27
   10:    0
------------
Total:  570  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 15  Total Score = 38,190

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I was planning on operating the first 20 hrs of the contest with a few hrs off
in the middle of the night. The goal of this contest was to get practice running
on two bands at the same time. So did I meet that goal? Yeah, sure. I got the
hang of things quite quickly. I was running 4 decoders (MMTTY/GRTTY/2Tone/2Tone)
on each radio. I used 2 keyboards with N1MM+ and it was excellent. Absolutely
excellent. The integration was perfect. There were a few station bugs that
required constant restarting, and occasionally both radios would lock up,
causing one to switch bands, but N1MM+ worked perfectly.

About 20 minutes into the contest I received the devastating news that my dear
friend K3LP had passed away. David had a big impact on me, and I am sure he is a
hero for DXers all over. David was a true gentleman, always taking care of
others before himself, always willing to help those in need. I'm tearing up
writing this -- more later in this regard. David, if you're reading this, I'm
gonna miss you buddy. Obviously, words cannot express how I am feeling right
now.

Now, that being said, David would have wanted me to get back on the radio, so
that is what I did. After another 5 hours, and 500 QSOs, the amp on the left
radio decided to stop amplifying. I'm not an SO1R RTTY fan, and was pretty
saddened by David's death, so I packed it in. I miss David already. I hope
others will join me in both NAQP CW and SSB using "David" as their
name. I hope as a radio community we can create something to remember such a
wonderful man. More to come in the following days. Miss you buddy.