[3830] RTTY Roundup K6LL SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K6LL SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 02:45:33 +0000
ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  287
   40:  451
   20:  805
   15:  307
   10:    0
------------
Total: 1850  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 60  Total Score = 216,450

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

For near the bottom of the sunspot cycle, I thought conditions were pretty good.
Solar flux started at 69, the K Index was zero, and A Index was single digits.
There was no Europe or Asia on 15, but their was a very good opening to Europe
on 20.  It only lasted for about 90 minutes though.

I had some problems, but none turned out to be major.  A lot happened around
here right before the contest, and I kind of lost my focus.  I actually left
about 25 QSO's from Friday's practice session in the log, so I was wondering why
I had a rush of people duping me!  After I figured out what was happening, I
deleted those QSO's.

80 Meters was VERY quiet here, so I'm hoping that this is a permanent change to
the noise floor in the neighborhood.  It was a pleasure to be able to hear on
80.  I didn't check 160.

Something went goofy in the 40 Meter antenna on Saturday night, but it fixed
itself after 30 minutes of unscheduled off time and it never recurred. SWR was
3.5 across the band, and people couldn't hear me.  The amplifier showed 1500
watts output.  After the break, everything returned to normal.  I don't
understand what happened.

I turn 75 this year, and I can tell that I am losing some of my stamina for
full-bore operations like this.

It was fun though. Thanks for all the QSO's!

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.