[3830] RTTY Roundup KJ5T SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, steve@kj5t.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KJ5T SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 15:50:34 +0000
ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KJ5T
Operator(s): KJ5T
Station: KJ5T

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:
   40:  186
   20:  188
   15:   29
   10:
------------
Total:  403  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 14  Total Score = 26,598

Club: Yegua Valley Contest Club

Comments:

My friend was looking for a house sitter for a few months while he was away, I
joked I would do it for free if he let me put up an antenna and he said
"sure".  Went with a 4BTV since that is an easy cost effective
solution to make a few Q's.  Intention of the set-up is just to try to bite the
radio bug a little, it really isn't a contest station but I do plan on operating
a few of the upcoming contests from there.  Station will come down in probably
March time frame.

First time doing a RTTY contest where I wasn't guest operating, there is a big
difference in sitting down at a station that already is completely set-up and
one that isn't.  I was having a hard time with 2tone decoding for some reason so
switched to MMTTY after the first 30 minutes with no contacts.  Other difference
is in the past I have operated from real contest stations where you can run real
rate and hold a calling frequency.

I took it fairly easy, mostly S&P and working whatever the vertical could
hear.  With no 80 meters I probably missed out on at least 50 contacts and 15
never did perform for me.  I think had I been more aggressive the score would be
higher but I had fun.  Nice way to spend a weekend!

73 de KJ5T