[3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 02:21:13 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Jan 10

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Montcalms County MI
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:   0
   80:   0
   40:  36
   20:   0
   15:   0
   10:   0
------------
Total:  36  Mults = 36  Total Score = 1,296

Club: Miichigan QRP Club

Comments:

Operated from the staging area of the Fred Meijer White Pine Trail Linear State
Park, Grid Square EN73.  This is unit KFF-1555 for Parks On The Air, unity
MSP-405 for Michigan State Parks On The AIr, and of course EN73 for the ARRL
International Grid Chase.  Conditions seemed good, because after I got set up at
about 1849Z, and made a call to N5PHT, I also self spotted on the DX Cluster
network, and had 7 Q's before the start of the CWT on 20 meters, including W6LEN
from California!  After I moved to 40 meters the contacts kept rolling in until
some time after 1930Z, so I went S&P with great success.  Made 36 contacts
on 40, over a rate of 1 contact every 2 minutes (which is sorta 'average' for my
mediocre portable antenna and QRP power!  But the Capstone of this day's
activites happened AFTER the CWT.  I moved to 20 again, self spotted again once,
and made two contacts, the last one with NL7V in Alaska!  Yes, my itty bitty
setup made the hop from Michigan to Alaska!  Wow!  As I often said before
"I never ceased to be amazed at what 5 watts or less can do, even with a
marginal portable antenna!"

PLUS, I still haven't hooked up my WinKeyer, so have been using my Trusty J-38
hand/foot pump.  The Reverse Beacon Network clocked me at between 16 and 17
WPM.

Thanks to all who pulled my pip squoke signal out of the mud!|||