[3830] NAQP CW N5RZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb5aar@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N5RZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 05:58:44 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   64    31
   80:  200    45
   40:  312    50
   20:  303    42
   15:   82    22
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  963   191  Total Score = 183,933

Club:

Team: DFWCG GRANITE

Comments:

Always fun.  Resurrected my old TA33jr I used back in 1971-72, and found a
complete Butternut HF2V I didn't even know I had & got them up in the past
week. Along with the Carolina Windom 160 with apex @ 44'.   Got kicked around a
bit the first couple of hours, but was finally able to run pretty good after
that.

The Carolina WIndom works OK for a 2nd radio antenna on all bands, but has a lot
of RF problems on 160M, so was limited to 40W on 160M.  However, 160M condx were
superb and congrats to those 64 stations that heard my 40W!!  Goal was to break
1K Q's, but 160M was so good I spent the whole 04Z hour for 56 Q's there - blew
the rate, but really got the mults up.   20M & 15M mults were tough as there
was no backscatter for me.

Things worked well & look forward to getting up some real antennas soon.

Thanks to all for the QSOs!

2 x Elecraft K3/P3's
TA33jr @ 47'   Butternut HF2V   Carolina Windom 160 with apex @ 44'
micro Keyer MK2R+
Hamation Bandpass Filters & used a WX0B SixPak to swap antennas between
radios
N1MM+ Logging Software

I predict some huge scores this time!  Congrats to all.

73, Gator