[3830] NAQP CW N2IC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2ic@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N2IC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 15:50:02 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:  146    45
   80:  270    51
   40:  486    57
   20:  531    57
   15:  266    38
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1699   248  Total Score = 421,352

Club:

Team: Arizona Outlaws - Chollas

Comments:

Coming off the flu, I felt a little out-of-control trying to manage 2 keyboards
during the first few hours. I'll never be as good as KL9A and N6MJ with 2
keyboards, but even at age 62, I am improving in the ability to bifurcate my
brain !

Listening to 15 just before the contest, the only signal was VE9AA. Uh oh. Then
the contest started, and the band exploded. As good as 15 was, never saw a
signal on 10. I confess, it's very hard to remember to look at a band scope on a
3rd band, while trying to manage pileups on two other bands.

Every NAQP, I hold my breath when I have to go to 160. There have been NAQP's
where I have struggled to work anyone beyond 500 miles. Not so this time ! 160
was the best I have ever heard it in NAQP. I had to pinch myself - are these
east coast guys really calling me, or someone else who I can't hear ?

Activity level in NAQP continues to amaze. There are top-10 folks who I never
even heard !

Thanks for the QSO's !

73,
Steve, N2IC