[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 14:52:16 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Jan 19

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   4      4
   80:  17     13
   40:  19     14
   20:   4      3
   15:   0      0
   10:
-------------------
Total:  44     34  Total Score = 1,496

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

15 and 20M seemed dead leading up to the Sprint.  But, at 0229Z I heard a fairly
N3QE, so started on that band.  Was able to work only MD and OH, but heard a few
others.  40M was quite good to most of the country.  Was able to work two
stations in TN and then missed the middle area like VA and IN, and the station
farther away were pretty good. West coast signals were weaker than usual.  80M
was good all over, with Pacific NW stations much stronger than usual. Got to 160
late and worked 4 stations in 4 SE states.  Thanks for all QSOs.  Logging
tonight was on paper and sending with a keyer.  The reason was that I was all
set up for the Sprint in N1MM+, but at 0215Z N1MM+ wanted to upload a new
version.  So, I permitted that and didn't check the see if it had messed up what
I had already set up.  It had.  I tried to log the first QSO and the program it
had jumped to wanted RST reports and had no place for the name.  Figured out
afterward that it was an ARCI format that I frequently use for QRP contests.
Would have been quickly solved if I had realized it.  Instead, I did it on paper
and figured it out later.  One of my better efforts despite the old fashioned
ways of sending and logging.  73, John, K4BAI.