[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K3YDX SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF K3YDX SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 21:44:20 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:   5     4  Total Score = 24

Club:

Comments:

Not near as much fun as the June events are.  Tried out some FT8 using just a
dipole on 6 meters with limited success and while I heard some of the big boys
up north, K1RZ and W3SO, on 2 meter SSB they could never hear me despite
apparently having their antennas pointed down this way in general.
I recall asking K4MHZ years ago after working him while I was in FM19 in a
January event and him here in FM25 what he thought of vhf contests from down
here.  His reply was something like, "don't even try without at least 300
watts and multi-element antennas"!  I think I should have paid more
attention!