[3830] ARRL Jan VHF KR1ST SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alex@kr1st.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF KR1ST SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 23:27:22 +0000

Total:  147    32  Total Score = 4,704

Club:

Comments:

Rigs: IC-7300 (6m), IC-275H (2m)
Pwr:  100W on 6 and 2m
Ants: - single Par Electronics Omniangle (halo-type) for 6m @30ft
      - stacked pair Par Electronics Omniangles for 2m @30ft
Elev: 1900+ ft

I added SDR to the IC-275H and that worked very well. I also added digital mode
capability to the 2m rig, but didn't use it. Over half the QSO's on 6m were made
in FT8. Adding FT8 capability gives a small pistol like me more opportunities to
work stations. I'm sure many of the FT8 QSOs could have been completed in SSB,
but it's hard to get someone's attention when you're yelling at the back of
their beam. With FT8 there is a better chance to get noticed.

I'm pretty happy with how I did with this very small station. Thanks for all the
QSO's!

73,
--Alex KR1ST
FN21