[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W1XM Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF W1XM Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 01:54:31 +0000
                    ARRL January VHF Contest

Call: W1XM
Operator(s): KC1EPN KC1GMI KD1KY W1KXJ NY1AA
Station: W1XM

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: FN42ki
Operating Time (hrs): 16

    6:   74     8
    2:   58    11
  222:   12     5
  432:   21     6
  903:    4     4
  1.2:    6     4
  2.3:    3     3
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  178    41  Total Score = 10,742

Club: MIT UHF Repeater Association

Comments:

Station operation went pretty well, although our operator turnout was a bit
lower than we'd have liked. We did have our 222MHz radio go down for a while
during the middle of the contest but we were able to get it working again
relatively quickly once we realized there was a problem.

The contest seemed to have pretty good turnout on all of the bands except for
222. 144 performance was extremely good and we were able to make a couple
contacts as far away as FM19. Tried to work stations further out on 50 as well,
but as usual, we're pretty deaf on that band. 432 also had some interesting
behavior during contacts with stations in FN30 (strong fading observed during a
contact with KA2BPP around 0040 UTC).

Thanks to all for the QSOs and 73!
Daniel, KC1EPN