[3830] CQ160 CW K5KG Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, giwagner@k5kg.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K5KG Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 13:40:20 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: K5KG

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 16:17

Total:  QSOs = 701  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 43  Total Score = 201,899

Club: Empire Contest Club

Comments:

Score compared with 2017
2018: 701/58/43 - 201.9k
2017: 823/58/40 - 229.5k

It seemed like condx were down from last year, although my antenna performed
better than what I was using in 2017. The Inverted L from 2017 that was taken
down by Hurricane Irma was recently replaced with an improved Inverted L with a
50' vertical section on a fiberglass pole.

Heavy QRN set in Saturday morning around 0300z. I fought that for an hour or so,
and went QRT for the night.  QRN was less on Sunday morning making domestic QSO
easier, but the available European DX was much less than on Saturday.

This year, worked all States except KL7, and only missed VE's: NF, LB, NT, YT,
NU.  Furthest DX stns worked were 4X, ZC4, ES, EU, E7, OH0, UA (and KH6). Found
that the best way to snag the really weak DX was to crank the bandpass way down
to 150-200 Hz, and call a couple hundred HZ-up to get off the DX stns pile up.
that worked!

Station:
K3 + Acom 2000A
Inverted L with 50' vertical section.