[3830] CQ160 CW NA7TB Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ars-ky7m@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW NA7TB Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 15:37:41 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: NA7TB
Operator(s): KY7M NA2U AA7A
Station: NA7TB

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 32
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 1332  State/Prov = 60  Countries = 62  Total Score = 576,572

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

This may be the best showing ever of what Milt Jensen, N5IA, accomplished when
he built the 160m 8-Circle antenna over a 4-year period. There was some doubt
going into the weekend of whether Internet issues with CW keying and ongoing
problems with the Beverage rx antenna switching network would stop the Milt
Jensen Memorial Station from operating.  However, thanks to heroic efforts by
Ned, AA7A, the Beverage antenna switcher came out of surgery in good condition a
few days before the contest.  Testing of the CW keying resulted in minimal
distortion with revised RRC settings and multiple reboots of the station
router.

We had a marginal opening to Europe on night 1 and a poor opening to Asia that
followed.  However, Day 2 brought amazing openings to both parts of the world
and more 10 point QSOs than we have ever had in this contest.  Thanks to all for
the QSOs and great participation.  We will continue improving the station for
reliability and even better scores in the future.  Our excellent results could
not have been achieved without a great team effort with my fellow operators --
Fred, NA2U, and Ned, AA7A.

73,
Lee, KY7M