[3830] CQ160 CW N3BB Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N3BB Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 16:00:14 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

Total:  QSOs = 580  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 24  Total Score = 131,938

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

A total gas for me! This is my first CQ 160 with a decent rx ant (SAL 30) and tx
ant (shunt-fed tower with two elevated radials). For the most part, I could hear
and be heard. I'm very much a rookie, and stayed below 1840, while apparently
lots and lots of goodies are much higher. I need to talk with my local gurus,
K5NA and N5AW and learn how to operate top-band contests. Am still learning low
to use my new (to me) K3 but it sounded great on receive. The crowding of
signals is really something at times! Had quite a few EU stations call me on my
TX freq. Not loud, for the most part, but really a thrill to dig out here in
Texas. The EF8 station sounded like a true local! Wow. This was a blast and I
feel like a teenager this morning! Thanks to all.