[3830] CQ160 CW W7RH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W7RH Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 18:40:37 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W7RH
Operator(s): W7RH
Station: W7RH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 21

Total:  QSOs = 596  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 24  Total Score = 150,255

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Greetings, thank everyone for patience and contacts as I had intermittent
transfer relay on receive.

This was my best ever effort SOLP in CQ160CW but still not quite enough to get
the W7 record. Friday evening I had my best ever EU run. It paid off very well
to spend 4-5 hours S&P to get those needed multipliers. EU sunrise brought 8
qso's in a row with 3 new multipliers in zones 14 and 15 in about 15 minutes
when signals peaked answering my CQ!

Band conditions remained good through sunrise with a good Asia opening. I had
about 40 JA contacts but missed several great multipliers due to increased
activity and operating strategies which are forever changing...  More players
and small windows makes things tougher.

Saturday conditions changed for the worse rapidly and opening to Europe never
occurred. Only Eastern US sea board and deep south had small openings from what
I could tell.

Only a few South American stations were active. None calling CQ. It would appear
the same to VK and ZL. Those that were on appeared to only be search and
pounce.
JA activity significantly less to US. They are getting more competitive and
looking for outside US QSO's just like us. I heard many working east Asia and EU
not listening to US. Western US sunrise brought a host of badly needed
multipliers heard but not worked.

It was a great contest full of surprises and I am looking forward for a few
years of solar minimum. Records to be broken!!!

Bob, W7RH

Rig TS-590SG
RX and TX on 5el short (43ft)vertical array configured as 3el End fire NE,SE,SW
and NW. 4el Broadside end fire array configuration East/West.
http://w7rh.net