[3830] CQ160 CW W1HIS Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ccc@mit.edu
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W1HIS Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 18:50:06 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W1HIS
Operator(s): W1HIS
Station: W1HIS

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 540  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 50  Total Score = 227,552

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My QTH is in a densely developed inner suburb of Boston, so my received noise
level is high and I don't have room for a proper antenna for this band.  My
antenna for both TX and RX is a sloper, 70 ft (21m) long and 30 ft (9m) high.
New this year is a second antenna for RX only: a horizontal doublet 107 ft
long and 55 ft high.  With these two antennas my K3S does diversity reception,
which seems to help.  Neither antenna is consistently better or worse than the
other; and sometimes I hear a signal via one antenna or the other.  This score
is my best ever in CQ 160 CW, but I attribute this score more to favorable
propagation than to my new diversity-reception setup.