[3830] CQ160 CW NQ4I(VE7ZO) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW NQ4I(VE7ZO) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 17:21:13 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): VE7ZO
Station: NQ4I

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 26.5
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 1185  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 68  Total Score = 472,440

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Glad that station host Rick was able to get the 160m band up and running at NQ4I
to allow me to enter the CQ 160 contest.  The station is in the process of being
reconfigured to a M2 or MS platform with all the other bands being inoperable as
the towers have been mostly stripped of antennas.  Nice selection of beverages +
4 sq receiving array.  PLN has become rather severe in the semi-rural area where
the station is located making reception of the weaker signals somewhat
difficult.  Ongoing project in the spring to id and correct the sources.

Propagation was not great although there was an opening on Saturday that allowed
a number of EU's to be worked.  This did not happen on the second night.  Missed
JA this year even though JH4UYB was heard weakly at this QTH on the first
morning.  No VK or ZL in the log.

Thanks to all the great op's on 160m, it's always fun on top band.

73, Jim VE7ZO