[3830] CQ160 CW K2DM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2dm@att.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K2DM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 23:19:22 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K2DM
Operator(s): K2DM
Station: K2DM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Total:  QSOs = 29  State/Prov = 14  Countries = 5  Total Score = 1,805

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

As is my custom in every 160M contest, I set a goal of working brother Peter,
K3ZM.  It is a nice Exacta if I can also manage to work brother Jeff, VY2ZM, but
that's a bit of a haul from my deed-restricted community in Central Florida.
This year I got brazen.  I installed a longwire about 70 feet long and sloping
from 20 feet high at the fed end to 6 feet high at the far end.  Working Peter
was a piece of cake.  I got him on the first call Friday evening.  Jeff was a
different story.  I couldn't get through Friday evening or Saturday in the very
early morning, but I finally made it Sunday evening.
Feeling a little rambunctious, I called a few other stations and managed to get
through to my friends at W2GD when W1GD was at the key.
Now, what the heck can I put up for SSB next month?  Perhaps it is time to fire
up one of those lonely boxes on the operating table to boost my signal.

For those ops who were excited about contacting all three Briggs brothers for
the prestigious Worked All Briggs Brothers (WABB) award, be advised that there
is a new award, the Worked All Briggs Family (WABF) award.  WABF is awarded to
ops who make contact with all 6 members (including soon-to-be members) of the
Briggs family who are hams.  So be on the lookout for Karen (K4ZDM), Miriam
(KK1ZM) and Patrick (KK6ZM) to round out the award.
73,
George K2DM