[3830] CQ160 CW W0AIH(K0TG) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W0AIH(K0TG) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 04:24:29 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: W0AIH

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 28

Total:  QSOs = 1117  State/Prov = 60  Countries = 41  Total Score = 284,618

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Paul was working his rent-a-Rev gig this Sunday, so I was running as single-Op
this year.

I finished the first night with 20 DX multipliers.  Not a stellar performance.
I had a hard time getting the EU stations to hear me.  I noticed that while
CQing, I was never spotted by EU stations in reverse beacon.  That is kind of
unusual.  The 4-square (wire beam) was not working right.  So I did not have the
use of that the first night. Paul figured out what was the issue so then I had
it to use 2nd night.  That may have helped the first night, but not so sure of
that as I had the elevated vertical to use and it performs very well typically.

The 2nd night, EU was not really there that I could hear until their sunrise.
So I was able to pick up a bunch of mults at that time.  Just not very many 10
pointers in that short time. This year I I had no EU stations call me while
CQing.  The only ones I got in the log were the ones I called.  A bit different
this time around.

Mults missed:  AK, NU, NWT, YT

Mults worked: 6Y, C6, CM, FM, HI, J6, KP2, V3, VP9, XE, ZF, LU, P4, PJ2, PY, YV,
CT, CU, DL, EA, EI, F, G, GD, GM, GU, HB, LA, LY, OH0, OK, OM, ON, OZ, SM, CT3,
EA8, JA, UA9, 5W, KH6.

It is rare to miss KL7 from AIH.

I had a great time.  What great fun on the radio at a great station and I had it
all to myself!  Many thanks to Paul for the use of his station.

http://www.qth.com/w0aih/

73, John  K0TG