[3830] RTTY WPX OT6M M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX OT6M M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 12:44:39 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest

Call: OT6M
Operator(s): ON9CC PC5A
Station: OT6M

Class: M/S LP
QTH: JO20ws
Operating Time (hrs): 45:38

------------
   80:  365
   40:  621
   20:  268
   15:   19
   10:    0
------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

This was our first decent attempt to participate in an RTTY contest. The OP's
are both newcomers to RTTY and our station was not really setup for RTTY, for
instance that in N1MM we had just one DI running.
Since we like to set a target we looked at the Belgian MS/LP record and decided
to go for it. Being LP we quickly realised that running is kinda low-rated so we
focussed on S&P. After reaching the Belgian country record somewhere halfway
down the track, we looked at the records again ... naaah ... that WR is way to
high. Well, in the end it wasn't as we went over by ~200k :)  Fingers crossed
that we didn't make to many mistakes and wait to see what the competition did.

Anyway it was a fun weekend again with a tasty Lemon-Cheese-cake made by
Aurelio!

Thanks for the QSO and cu next year!

Station: IC7800 and Orion (interlocked)
Antennas:
TRX: 18m Spiderpole vertical for 80m, 80m dipole, OB2-40, OB11-3, 3 el.SteppIR.
RX: Hi-Z 4-8 Pro 8-Circle, 300m reversible beverage 315°-135°, 240m
reversible
beverage 35°-215°, K9AY.

Aurelio, PC5A
Frank, ON9CC/OT6M