[3830] RTTY WPX V31VP M/S TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vmpaul@iname.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX V31VP M/S TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 13:57:57 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest

Call: V31VP
Operator(s): WB0TEV KK7JS
Station: V31VP

Class: M/S HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Belize
Operating Time (hrs): 42:37

------------
   80:    3
   40:  557
   20: 1044
   15:  231
   10:    0
------------

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

This year I decided to do a M/S entry and was joined by Scott KK7JS (newly
licensed as V31CQ) at the Maya Hill Lodge ham shack.  As the figures show, 20m
and 40m were the primary bands for us.  15m wasn't nearly as good as last year,
and 10m is of course out of the picture.  The 80m antennas here aren't up very
high, so the 3 QSOs there were just to grab some new prefix mults.

It was great to break the 4 million point mark, though we will almost certainly
fall below that threshold after log checking.  Very pleased with our results.

Working EU on 40m well after their sunrise was a nice treat.  Did not have as
good an opening to JA as in previous years and the main band for that was 20m
instead of 15m as before.

Thanks again to Andre (DL1AS/V31DL) for the use of his fine station and to
Monika for her fine hospitality at the Maya Hill Lodge.

Look for V31VP again the first weekend in March in the ARRL SSB DX contest.

73,
Victor WB0TEV / V31VP