[3830] RTTY WPX SN2M(SP2XF) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sp2xf@wp.pl
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX SN2M(SP2XF) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 20:45:04 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest

Call: SN2M
Operator(s): SP2XF
Station: SN2M

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 30

------------
   80:
   40: 1263
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

TNX all QSO's.

My congrats to IZ4NIC and S52X for their great scores!
Very good propagation to NA during 1st day, but not as good as our friends in
southern EU could enjoy... Nevertheless, on saturday band was opened to the West
Coast till 10:00 AM, pity the conditions did not repeat the next morning.

Wkd some nice DX's which doesn't count too much in WPX, but are worth to
mention: 3 x KL7, VY1, VY0, etc. VY1AAA from zone 1 was readable here also on
80M sunday morning - sounds very promising for ARRL CW ;-)

Some more stats:
W/VE x 312
JA x 91
YB x 27 (!)
EU x 695

Set up:
2 + 2 el. yagi on separate towers (@25m, 17m)
11 Beverages for RXing, including 2x 320m end-fire array for NA.

Decoding was done on MixW and 2tone in diversity receiving mode (2x IC 775DSP),
so 4 windows in total were watched. Most of the time printing was equally good
on both softwares, but in some cases (weak or fluttered signals) 2tone did
better job.

This was my 3rd time in WPX RTTY and I have to say - never experienced so much
QRM and cases when someone starts CQing on my freq or ~100Hz off side, trying to
kick me out from the channel. I'm sorry to realize that for some guys it's just
their *style* of contest operation - eg. IT9XTP behaviour which I remember being
exactely the same in some prevoius contests. I wouldn never mention the callsign
but this time the situation went just crazy - after this guy had finally to QSY
and leave me alone after 15mins of fight, he decided to take offence and never
work me again! Anyway I called him later many times when doing some s&p and
he was not replying at all.
So, this is the little story how I was punished for not giving up, what probably
IT9XTP is used to, hi...

73's
Mac SP2XF / SN2M