[3830] RTTY WPX KG4IGC SOAB TB-Wires LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KG4IGC SOAB TB-Wires LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 00:28:09 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 12:07

------------
   80:   16
   40:   69
   20:   59
   15:   12
   10:    0
------------

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Unfortunately, my efforts in this contest were minimal. Starting Friday night,
my Windows 10 machine started crashing and would not stop for a day and a half.
Any time that I tried to do anything, I would get the blue screen of death and
the error code KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. At one point, I was able to access
the internet briefly before the machine crashed again and saw that this error
was common with Windows 7 & 8. The "fix" was to update your
graphics card driver, of which I did. Unfortunately, this was not the answer,
the computer continued to crash, only now I got the following errors:
SYSTEM_SERVICES_EXCEPTION, SLEEPSTUDY_HELPER.SYS, STOREPOINT.SYS, &
DXMNS2.SYS, all preceded with the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error. After
pulling my hair out for almost two Days, I installed a program that I bought
many years ago called Registry Booster 2010. I was quite surprised that it went
right out and found that there was a current version so after doing the updates
I rean it on my machine. This program found over 1700 errors in my registry and
over 700 operator errors and fixed them all. After that, I was able to boot my
machine again without crashing. While I am unsure if I actually fixed anything,
I was able to finish out the contest. Unfortunately, at some point while the
machine was crashing, it did a system restore and totally wiped out N1MM, so I
lost all my settings and logs. I had about 50 some odd contacts before the
crashes began. Knock on wood, my machine has been running for a day and a half
with no issues, hopefully it will continue this trend.

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000
PWR: 100 watts
ANTS:272\' Horizontal Loop. Super Loops X2 20/40 & 12/15/30, 80 Meter
Inverted V