[3830] ARRLDX CW K6CSL SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6csl@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K6CSL SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 01:01:35 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 20:00

  160:   0      0
   80:   9      6
   40:  27     15
   20:  43     17
   15:  10      6
   10:   2      2
-------------------
Total:  91     46  Total Score = 12,558

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Pretty short, but better than expected, considering where we are in the solar
cycle. A pre-contest inspection revealed that apparently some curious person,
probably a kid, poked around the antenna wall box and broke off the connector to
my Vertical antenna. Not having a local Radio Shack to go to for parts any
longer I had to order a new connector from HRO on-line and I am still waiting
for it to get here. However I did manage to get by with the end-fed wire, that I
used before I installed the vertical. Boy, I sure did miss the vertical. I sure
did enjoy the contest however. I got up early Sunday morning, hoping to catch
the Euro opening, but I found only a couple of DL's, a couple of Italian
stations I couldn't work, but I did find ED7P for my only Euro contact. I
couldn't get over the prevalence of KH6's and KH7's. I worked KH6LC on every
band, including 80m. I heard JA3YBK on 80m, but couldn't work him. 73's to all,
Bert, K6CSL