[3830] ARRLDX CW VE7XF SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE7XF SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 01:54:35 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: BC  CN79
Operating Time (hrs): 13

  160:   27    18
   80:   64    27
   40:  118    57
   20:   50    25
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  260   128  Total Score = 99,840

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

My plan this time was to be on 160, 80 and 40, mostly looking for new ones on
160. Nice to not have to worry about what was happening on 40 while I was on
20.

I took advantage of my tuned N6RK rx loop on 160 and 80, in full diversity, tnx
to the K3. Very interesting - the JAs were mostly louder on the loop than on the
doublet, on both bands. It certainly helped me read through the noise. Amazing
how quickly the propagation shifts - sometimes one dot in one ear, and then in
the other!

After two pre-sunrise days, it was nice to sleep in on Sunday morning, not
having to worry about the higher bands. After a leisurely brunch, I puttered
about the house for a bit. But I AM a contester, after all, and the siren call
of 20m was too much to bear. I looked at the 20m bandmap, and it was covered
with red calls. Oh boy - easy pickin's. So I spent the last 50 minutes of the
contest on 20.

Ralph, VE7XF
K3, Acom 1000, 260' doublet, 7' dia N6RK rx loop,
N1MM Classic (I like the look better)