[3830] ARRLDX CW W2JC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W2JC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 02:35:31 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W2JC
Operator(s): W2JC
Station: W2JC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:
   80:    1     1
   40:  115    53
   20:  266    75
   15:   57    33
   10:
-------------------
Total:  439   162  Total Score = 212,868

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

60 watts from Icom IC-7000
R7 vertical up about 10 feet for 40 meters
HEX BEAM for 20 meters and up.

Friday night and Saturday daytime almost every station I called came back on the
first call ... I LOVE my HEX BEAM!  And almost all of them were KW stations, but
they managed to hear my little 60 watts. Isn't radio amazing?!

Thought I was doing well on Friday night with 15k score!  Ended on Sunday with
ALMOST a quarter million points -- far surpasses anything I've done in the past.
  :))

GRIPE:  Why don't those hot shot stations sending 50wpm to the rest of us answer
calls at 50wpm?  I tried it a couple of times -- they just went silent for a
bit.  One station in particular, not to be named here, should really LISTEN to a
recording of his operation ... 50wpm and a keyer that chops the dots.  Why?

THANKS:  to the DX stations who take the time to pull a weakling out of the mud
rather than just passing over them.

THANKS: to Z60A for spending their last days frantically giving contest
contacts.

Comment:  judging from the spotting spots, there's going to be an awful lot of
busted calls in the submitted logs!!
Otoh, it's no wonder ... with so many 'hotshots' sloppily sending their calls at
45 and 50wpm -- no wonder people get so many variations of any one callsign.

Chuckle: more than a few times, DX stationS worked W2YC followed by W2JC right
after!