[3830] ARRLDX CW K2AX M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob_beyer@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K2AX M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 03:20:43 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K2AX
Operator(s): K2AX KD2HE AK2S NY3B KE2D
Station: K2AX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 45.5

  160:   97    53
   80:  396    80
   40:  784   104
   20: 1625   120
   15:  222    71
   10:   39    16
-------------------
Total: 3163   444  Total Score = 4,190,472

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks again to Mark, K2AX, for letting us take over his station for the weekend
and also to his wife Donna and his daughters for their patience and
hospitality.

Thanks also to Mark for pitching in and operating along with Steve, NY3B,
Victor, KD2HE, and Don, AK2S

Band conditions were very different that CQ CW a couple months back. The low
bands performed well and opened early.  It was exciting to work long-haul DX on
80m like ZL and also KH6 on 160m. We bagged 3D2JS (Fiji) via long path shortly
before 2100z on Sunday. A little later we got DS (South Korea) and DU
(Philippines) over the North Pole and also VU (India) with long path via the
South Pole.

On the other hand, I think we also worked every school kid with a AA battery, a
scrap of wire, and an oscillator in Europe.  I never knew there were so many QRP
stations. The encouraging thing about that is that I think it tells us we were
probably loud there and they thought we'd be easy to work.

The reports of T and TT for power from some Puerto Rico stations had us
scratching our heads.  Personally, I think they were trying to remind is that
the island is still mostly without power.  My guess is that they were saying
"we have no power". As usual, there were a handful of other colorful
power reports; 73, 99, 999, 88, etc.

We'll start prepping for SSB later this week.

Go FRC!

Bob, KE2D