[3830] ARRLDX CW K7XC SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7xcnv1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K7XC SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 05:40:47 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: DM09jh N NV
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:   31    18
   80:   54    21
   40:   89    36
   20:  170    54
   15:   37    19
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  383   149  Total Score = 171,201

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Better than average conditions for most of the weekend with one short period of
severe degradation. Able to work EU with repeats on 20M Sunday AM. Spent 2 hrs
Sunday to get a 10M antenna airborne only to work 2 Qs with ZL. 15W went from
good to weak and watery and back again too many times to count. 160, 80, &
40
played much better than expected. Working Saudi Arabia on 40M LP Sunday morning
a Very nice surprise. Mostly Hunt and Pounce with a couple of short runs to ASIA
on each band. Nevada still one of the rare ones always eliciting a pileup when
calling CQ. I kept thinking all weekend how contacts once thought impossible
when I was young seem much easier with 39 years of experience under my belt.

Need to finish the 40M rotatable Dipole, Install a 50+ft 80M/160M Vertical and
maybe some phased low band receive antennas.

Station: IC-746, AL-80B @ 800W, 160M Inv L, 80/40M Inv Vee, 20M 3ele Mono-band
yagi, 15M 3ele Mono-band Yagi, 10M Inv Vee put up Sunday Afternoon in 45 MPH
Winds.

Thanks for all the Qs!