[3830] ARRLDX CW W5MX M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bydal@roadrunner.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W5MX M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 14:00:40 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX K4FT
Station: W5MX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 47

  160:   86    47
   80:  273    69
   40:  858    91
   20: 1154   102
   15:  157    57
   10:    4     4
-------------------
Total: 2532   370  Total Score = 2,775,000

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Luckily I was able to get out of work about 21:00 UTC on Friday so had time to
set up for the contest. John K4FT met me at the contest site and we went to
work. Generator gassed up, rig, amp and accessories in place ready to go by
23:45.

Condx from here were good all night on 40 and 80 from here. Moved to 160 for a
few mults around EU sunrise and local sunrise. Went straight to 20 from there.
Great eu runs both mornings from here. Moved to 15 and very few from eu worked,
mostly Carribean and SA as to be expected. Didn't watch 10 much on Saturday, did
on Sunday- only 4 Q's. Definitely noted the shifting band condx through the
weekend others have pointed out due to solar condx. Overall though, really not
bad.

Antenna farm still in progress here, 4th tower to be fully built this spring.
Right now it just holds a tribander at 70ft for Carribean. Another major issue
is no 20m antenna on JA, missed some good condx there both afternoons. Tower 1
20m monobander still fixed on EU as that was the first tower built and EU
priority from here. Now that tower 2 is dedicated stacks to EU, Tower 1 will be
dedicated to JA. Have to climb up and spin a couple of antennas.

For a Multi Single entry, we used only 1 radio, no mult rig. Thought we would
have internet for N1MM to load mults, but no luck. The Wi-Fi hotspot on my phone
not rx by the computer. Even tried direct USB tether but no luck. Computer is
older, needs work. Definitely cost mults there. Most was old fashioned S&P.
Periodically would get the phone out and look up spots, mainly based on memory
as to what was worked. A few times I just had John type in prefixes into N1MM on
whatever band we were on to see if they turned red. Not very efficient! Had a
blast though!

Thanks to all for the Q's and best 73's!
Bryan W5MX
John K4FT