[3830] ARRLDX CW KE1J(@K2LE) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ke1j@yccc.org
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KE1J(@K2LE) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 17:11:30 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KE1J
Operator(s): W1VE KE1J
Station: K2LE

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   52    35
   80:  423    86
   40:  928   105
   20: 1467   112
   15:  105    51
   10:   17    12
-------------------
Total: 2992   402  Total Score = 3,592,674

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Andy, K2LE, for letting us play with his station while he's enjoying
the sun at P40!

Gerry, W1VE and I have done ARRL CW as M/2 from Andy's place but this year we
did an "old school" M/S (no in-band radio & no 2nd band radio)
just one guy and his radio with new technology (remote).
Gerry was operating from home in NH and I was home in RI. We just tagged the
other person when it was time to switch operator thanks to the VPN Gerry had
setup.
The main tower (4el 40m and 20m stack) was unfortunately stuck at 300 degrees
(wish it was pointing to EU) so we used the 3el 40 and 3 el 20 as main
antennas.
Had RF problem on 160 so could only run 70W and it was a battle trying to work
any stations. Thanks to the 52 stations that managed to hear us on 160!