[3830] ARRLDX CW K7QA SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K7QA SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 19:07:30 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K7QA
Operator(s): K7QA
Station: K7QA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 29

  160:   31    17
   80:  147    45
   40:   86    35
   20:  510    82
   15:   32    20
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  806   199  Total Score = 477,600

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

With the declining cycle, we knew the low bands would have to step up for the
loss of 10 and 15 meter prop. So we tried the 500 watt footwarmer with spotter
assistance this year.

Condx were about as expected with the low solar #s and a CME disturbance Sunday.
Zero 10m openings. Only SA, Caribbean and South Pacific on 15 but no JA. Decent
20m EU openings both days but not as good Sunday and nothing like last year.
Better results on 160 and 80 but 40 was again disappointing due to high SNR even
with several decent rx antennas. Could only hear and work the better sigs there,
so missed many EU. Need to figure out where the 40m noise is coming from as it
does not seem to affect other bands.

Mostly S&P looking for new countries except for JA runs. Nice to snag 3D2JS,
FK8IK, YN1N, HH2AA, E2A, TK5MH, V51YJ, D44EE, T8NC, VR2CO, 4E1ADW and YB8TK,
some in huge pileups.

73, Tom