[3830] NAQP RTTY KB3VQC(@N3DPB) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K0OO.PAT@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KB3VQC(@N3DPB) M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 23:29:01 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: KB3VQC
Operator(s): K0OO WA3EKL N3DPB KB3VQC K3TBD
Station: N3DPB

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 11

   80:  223    42
   40:  356    54
   20:  162    32
   15:   15     4
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  758   133  Total Score = 100,814

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

NAQP RTTY was very interesting this year with many runs on 20, 40 and 80 with 40
being our best band and 80 a close second.  The poor band conditions on 15 and
10 made for more BIC on the other bands to make up for the short comings of
Mother Nature.  The equipment performed exceptionally well and we were able to
run the K3’s with no problem.   A call to EleCraft before the contest was
extremely informative on how to run the heat sink and exhaust fans manually at
full speed which will now become our SOP on RTTY contesting.  (It takes a long
time to know everything about your K3)  Over all conditions did not seem to be
quite as good as last year but the efforts exercised by the crew were
outstanding as demonstrated by K3TBD one of our female ops who did a 170 Q run
on 80.  Special thanks to KB3VQC Zory for all of his hard drive on the air after
a long drive in the fog  did the NAQP and then stayed on to operate a shift on
the CQWW 160 SSB contest with us.  The food was excellent as always and everyone
had a great time.

Thanks to all who contacted us.  See you in the next one.

73, from the WA3EKL contest team