[3830] ARRLDX CW W3DQ M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ericrosenberg.dc@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W3DQ M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 16:15:22 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W3DQ
Operator(s): W3DQ W2CDO
Station: W3DQ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:   46    32
   80:  102    50
   40:  260    78
   20:  458    93
   15:   71    31
   10:   13    10
-------------------
Total:  950   294  Total Score = 837,900

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Peter, W2CDO and I again teamed up for this year's running. Our goal was 1000
Q's, which we barely missed last year.

We were well on our track  until the rotor died on Saturday morning with the
yagi facing south. Not good timing. It took most of the day to get it moving
again. Unfortunately, the inv-L was no substitute.

On the plus side, everything inside worked -- new radio/amp combination and K9AY
rx antenna. And my CW skills were not as rusty as I had feared.

We managed to work 7 on all bands, all in the Caribbean

In the end, while we had a good time, the results were almost exactly the same
as last year, although it took 25% more time. The big difference was on 15
meters, where our numbers were *way* lower.

The on-line scoreboard made it that much more interesting. I hope more folks
will be using it in the future.

See you in the next one!

73,
Eric W3DQ