[3830] NCQP N8II SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NCQP N8II SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 02:22:12 +0000
                    North Carolina QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   54     54
   40:   79    100
   20:    5      1
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  138    155      0  Mults = 84  Total Score = 61,232

Club:

Comments:

Score includes 500 bonus points, got all of the bonuses pretty easily.
I was surprised at the results compared to other out of state scores, because
I was far from in the best location to work NC on 40 (beaten by VE3UTT many
times and more than once by OM2VL starting in 19Z hour!). And, even on 80 where
first Q's were in the 20Z hour (unheard of with higher solar activity), there
were some  loud and very weak signals as well after dark. On 40 southern and far
western NC were OK to great most of the day, but from about Raleigh north and NE
NC, signals from 19Z onward and to some degree earlier were skipping over me
which meant missing a lot of the mobiles roaming around. K5CM/M? was never loud
on 40, weak on 80 too. So, I was lucky not to be beaten on Q's and mults.

Many thanks to all of the mobiles: Bert, N4CW and K3TD operated by Jim, K4PQL
kept going the entire 10 hours. I think I missed Jim in quite a few counties
(skipping over) as was probably the case with K5CM. NC4QP was worked 4 times for
16 Q's which was about 5.5% of my Q's. N4CW was worked 15 times, K3TD 13 times,
and K5CM 13 in many fewer different events due to running lines.

Phone activity was pretty decent, but below other years with better conditions.
If you can't work your own state (40M), you tend to get discouraged. I would
guess the 54 Q's each made on 75/80M was easily a personal best.

Thanks to all of the stations who got on the air and good overall county
coverage; I probably missed at least 5 counties that were active.

73, Jeff