[3830] ARRLDX SSB KQ2M SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kq2m@kq2m.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KQ2M SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2018 22:09:13 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KQ2M
Operator(s): KQ2M
Station: KQ2M

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:    0     0
   20:  477    52
   15:  172    40
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  649    92  Total Score = 179,124

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I have not been well and am scheduled for major surgery on Tuesday.

Operating was not a priority but I got on for a few of the higher rate hours on
Sunday to support the club.  I used one radio and ran.  Best 60 minutes rate was
213.

Cndx were typical of bottom of the cycle with 0 sunspots - with the MUF
howevering around 21 mhz, 15 opened poorly and opened and closed repeatedly for
a few hours with rapid qsb and weak and hollow signals spotlighting one or two
countries at a time. 20 was better but suffered from the same qsb and marginal
openings - loud stations from one or two countries and weak stations from
elsewhere, except for the more robust peaks of the opening.  The movements up
and down of the A and K indices was good for a few s-units weaker or stronger of
signals in general.  Had the auroral oval been anything other than 1, Sunday
would have been bleak.

Activity levels are not as high as in CQWW, but it is fun to be the object of
callers from around the world!

I don't know if I will be well enough to operate in WPXSSB this year - it
depends on how my recovery goes. Tnx for the qso's!

73
Bob KQ2M

kq2m@kq2m.com
www.rlsfinancialgroup.com