[3830] ARRLDX SSB W7RM(@W7VO) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7vo@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W7RM(@W7VO) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 00:05:27 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W7RM
Operator(s): W7VO W7CO KG7ASQ WA7SHP
Station: W7VO

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    5     3
   80:   36    24
   40:  104    40
   20:  295    74
   15:   72    34
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  512   175  Total Score = 268,800

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Thanks to the WVDXC for loaning us the use of the Rush Drake memorial callsign
for what was one of his favorites, the ARRL DX Contest. I know he was probably
looking down at us saying "You missed that multiplier!", and we heard
quite a few ops say that it was good to hear the famous call sign again in the
test. Thanks to you guys for remembering Rush!

Ran M2 when we could, but not enough ops or propagation for full time, so was SO
some of the time.

Just when I thought band conditions were crappy on Saturday, along comes Sunday
and blows it away. No JAs on 15M, no 10M at all here, lots of noise, and huge
pileups for routine stuff on 20M because that's where everybody was. Had to
spend so much time CQing to dead air that we caused a 15M trap on our TH6DXX to
overheat and fail.

A special thanks to Kevin, WA7SHP who drove many miles to help us operate on
Saturday, to Bob, W7CO who helped me run the night shifts, and to Daryl, KG7ASQ
for being a part of the Radio Scappoose team.

73;
Mike
W7VO